Fri, 27 April 2019:A Heartfelt Appeal
"O Vaishnav Thakur! I surrender to you, only you can control my mind, and through your association my mind can get some service to you. When I see everything in this world, I feel very afraid. Please, Prabhu, take me. I want to go with you! Please take me from the illusory environment and engage me in your service!"
Download the audio (2.5 Mb, 7 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Thu, 26 April 2019:Flunkies of Flesh
"...Still, you are not running under the guidance of Guru and Vaishnavs—you are running under the guidance of your body. You are attached to your family life, but that kind of attachment should come to Lord Krishna, Gauranga Mahaprabhu, and Gurudev. Search for Sri Krishna Reality the Beautiful! Search where you can get real devotion!"
Download the audio (2 Mb, 6 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Wed, 24 April 2019:Who Is a Real Disciple?
"Srila Prabhupad teaches us that we do not discriminate who is a grihastha, who is a brahmachari, and who is a sannyasi. Those who are dearest to Gurudev, those who can serve Gurudev properly, who can follow his instruction properly, they are the real devotees."
Download the audio (0.7 Mb, 2 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
In honour of Sripad Krishna Das Babaji Maharaj:Pranama-mantra:
saumyam sattva-tanum sahasya-vadanam kantham sutana-anvitam
krsna-ananda-karam ratantama-nisam nama-aksaram sundaram
sri-nandisvaram-asritam vraja-bhuvi gaure cha mayapuram
vande yukta-viraga-bhakti-lasitam sri-krsna-dasa-prabhum
"I am offering my obeisance to Sri Krishna Das Prabhu, whose form is very beautiful and auspicious, who always smiles and has a very melodious voice; who day and night chants the Holy Name in a very beautiful way, bringing about the nectar of Lord Krishna; who resides in Vraja during the pastimes of Lord Krishna and in Mayapur during the pastimes of Gaura; and who sports in devotion with proper renunciation."
Root of Our Fortune
Prayers to Sri Vaishnav Thakur:
Ei-bara karuna kara |
এইবার করুণা কর
(ওহে) বৈষ্ণব ঠাকুর
Ki-rupe paiba seva |
কিরূপে পাইব সেবা
Dhana mora nityananda |
ধন মোর নিত্যানন্দ
Tue, 23 April 2019:Crooked Service (2)
"'What is devotion? What do you want—do you want to please yourself? Is this devotion?' You can see what is called vaishnavata (qualities of a Vaishnav) and how Vaishnavism is practised. We want to learn from great Vaishnavs."
Download the audio (2 Mb, 6 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Construction News from
Sri Nrisingha Palli
Adhivas in Mejhiari
Installation Festival in Majhiari
Mon, 22 April 2019:Crooked Service (1)
"We all—all over the world—are sons and daughters of the Lord, and we always serve or want to serve the Lord, but do we want to serve to fulfil our own desire or to fulfil Krishna's desire? You can understand this from the example of family life also..."
Download the audio (1.3 Mb, 4 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Sun, 21 April 2019:Triumph of Life
"We are swimming in an ocean of illusory environment and we do not understand which way we must go, but we have finally got this human body; we must understand what is our duty in this human body—only sleeping, eating and enjoying like cats and dogs?"
Download the audio (1.7 Mb, 5 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Sat, 20 April 2019:Learning to Surrender
"Your mind always thinks, 'Shall I jump or not? Shall I jump or not?' but you must throw your mind into Krishna consciousness life, then you can understand everything. Mind is always naughty, but you have intelligence, sumedha."
Download the audio (1.5 Mb, 5 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Preaching Programme in Singur
Fri, 19 April 2019:Proper Care
"If we do not practise properly, we will forget our service, we will forget our practising life. We have to be careful—Maya Devi always sits near us and she can attack us at any time; she can take us away from the service of Krishna and use for her own service."
Download the audio (1 Mb, 3 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Thu, 18 April 2019:Appreciating Worship of Nrisinghadev
"Actually, you are very fortunate souls because you live near Laksmi Nrisingha, Pana Nrisingha temples. You should understand how much devotion Prahlad Maharaj has, and what his devotion, his desire and mood of devotion are like."
Download the audio (2.2 Mb, 6 min | 4 January 2019 | South India)
Wed, 17 April 2019:Grand Vaishnav Seva Festival in Tarakeshwar
(17 April 2019 | 55 photographs, 3.4 Mb)
This year, the holy disappearance day of His Divine Grace Om Vishnupad Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj is manifest on an ekadasi fasting day that is why the fortune is such that the festival is observed during three full days this year. Sharing photographs taken during the final, third, day of the festival adorned with many auspicious services culminating in a grand and auspicious Vaishnav seva.
Disappearance Festival in Tarakeshwar
(15 April 2019 | 30 photographs, 1.8 Mb)
Sharing photographs from Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Tarakeshwar, taken during the eve of the holy disappearance festival of His Divine Grace Om Vishnupad Srila Bhakti Sundar Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj, observed by the devotees in the shelter of the holy lotus feet of Om Vishnupad Srila Bhakti Nirmal Acharya Maharaj and the association of dignitary Vaishnavs.
Tue, 16 April 2019: (Today is Sri Kamada Ekadashi, tomorrow paran is at 5:20-9:31 a.m."I Want to Forget"
Divine Disappearance day of Om Vishnupad Srila B.S. Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj)
"I want to go somewhere—I want to get some relief. When I am sitting in the office, I get some relief, but as soon as I go to my room, I again start remembering everything. I want to forget it, but I cannot... It is impossible to forget this. Such is my situation."
Download the audio (0.9 Mb, 3 min | 30 March 2010)
By Om Vishnupad Srila B.S. Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj:
The Pain of Broken
"Sacrificing his own life, forgetting his own happiness and comfort, Gurudev would go door to door preaching the message of Mahaprabhu: be merciful to the souls, chant the Holy Name, and serve the Vaishnavs. Besides this, there is no other religion."
Download the audio (3 Mb, 9 min | 8 April 2017 | Bengali)
"You may have everything, but if you do not have mercy of your Guru, then you have nothing. Gurudev gave you all his blessings, and if we can serve him, we will get supreme benefit. You must always live remembering Gurudev's words."
Download the audio (4.1 Mb, 12 min | 8 April 2017 | Bengali)
Sri Rupa Manjari
Ye anila prema
Biography of Srila B.S.
Govinda Dev-Goswami Maharaj
Samadhi Mandir Verses
Sri Ekadasi Guidance
(Sri Sri Prema Vivarta)
"Observing Ekadasi" (by
Srila B.N. Acharya Maharaj)
CALENDAR FOR 04/2019
24. (Wed) Krishna Panchami. Disappearance of Sripad Krishnadas Babaji Maharaj.
26. (Fri) Krishna Saptami. Disappearance of Srila Abhiram Thakur.
29. (Mon) Krishna Dashami. Disappearance of Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur.
30. (Tue) Krishna Ekadashi. Varuthini Ekadashi. Fast. Disappearance of Sriyukta Saurindranath Bhakti Varidhi Prabhu.
CALENDAR FOR 05/2019
1. (Wed) Krishna Dvadashi. Paran between 6:02 and 9:26 a.m.
4. (Sat) Amavasya. Appearance of Srila Gadadhar Pandit Goswami.
5. (Sun) Gaura Pratipad. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Aloka Paramahamsa Maharaj.
6. (Mon) Gaura Dvitiya. Appearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vichar Jajavar Maharaj.
7. (Tue) Gaura Tritiya. Beginning of 21 days Chandan Yatra of Sri Sri Jagannathdev. Aksaya Tritiya: a good day to start some works.
9. (Thu) Gaura Panchami. Appearance of Sripad Shankar Acharya. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Vilas Gabhastinemi Maharaj.
11. (Sat) Gaura Saptami. Jahnu Saptami. Sri Jahnavi Puja (Sri Ganga Puja).
13. (Mon) Gaura Navami. Appearance of Sri Nityananda-shakti, Sri Jahnava Devi, and Sri Rama-shakti, Sri Sita Devi.
15. (Wed) Gaura Ekadashi. Mohini Ekadashi. Fast.
16. (Thu) Gaura Dvadashi. Paran between 5:00 and 7:13 a.m.
18. (Sat) Purnima. Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi: appearance day of Sri Nrisimhadev (today because the Chaturdashi tithi on the previous day was viddha at sunrise). Full fast until after sunset, then no grains (anukalpa). Sri Krishna's Phul Dol and Salila Bihar. Buddha Purnima: appearance day of Lord Buddha. Disappearance of Srila Parameshvari Das Thakur. Appearance of Srila Srinivas Acharya.
19. (Sun) Krishna Pratipad. Sri Nrisimha Chaturdashi paran between 4:59 and 9:22 a.m. Disappearance of Tridandi Swami Srimad Bhakti Saranga Goswami Maharaj.
23. (Thu) Krishna Panchami. Disappearance of Srila Ramananda Ray.
28. (Tue) Krishna Navami. Disappearance of Sripad Santosh Krishna Das Adhikari Prabhu.
30. (Thu) Krishna Ekadashi. Apara Ekadashi. Fast.
31. (Fri) Krishna Dvadashi. Paran between 4:56 and 9:22 a.m. Appearance of Srila Vrindavan Das Thakur.
THE TEN OFFENCES TO1) Criticise sadhus, Vaishnavs
THE HOLY NAME:
2) Consider Lord Siva and gods to be independent of Lord Krishna
3) Consider Guru to be an ordinary mortal man
4) Criticise scriptures
5) Interpret the Name with the help of a dictionary, etc.
6) Consider the Name imaginary.
7) Sin and chant to remove the sin.
8) Consider chanting equal to pious activities.
9) Instruct faithless people in chanting, inattentive chanting.
10) Remain attached to things, your body, etc.
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us