SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
nivedana kari prabhu! tomara charane
nivedana–submission; kari–I do; prabhu!–O Lord!; tomara–Your; charane–at the feet; patita–fallen; adhama–low; ami–I; jane–know; tribhuvane–in the three worlds. 
(1) O Lord! I submit myself at Your feet. It is known throughout the three worlds that I am fallen and lowly.
ama-sama papi nahi jagat-bhitare
ama–like me; sama–equal; papi–sinner; nahi–is not; jagat–the world; bhitare–within; mama–my; sama–equal; aparadhi–offender; nahika–is not; samsare–in the world. 
(2) There is no sinner within this world so sinful as I. There is no offender within this material world so offensive as I.
sei saba papa ara aparadha ami
sei–these; saba–all; papa–sins; ara–and; aparadha–offences; ami–I; parihare (ksamapane)–in giving up (in begging forgiveness); pai–I feel; lajja–shame; saba–all; jana–know; tumi–You. 
(3) I feel ashamed to beg for forgiveness for all my sins and offences. You know all of this.
tumi vina ka'ra ami la-iba sarana?
tumi–You; vina–without; ka'ra–of whom?; ami–I; la-iba–will take; sarana–shelter; tumi–You; sarva–of all; isvara–Lords; isvara–the Lord; vraja–of Vrndavan; indra–of the king; nandana–darling son, Krishna. 
(4) Yet of whom shall I take shelter other than You? You are the Lord of all Lords, Vrajendra Nandan.
jagata tomara natha! tumi sarva-maya
jagata–universe; tomara–Your; natha!–O Lord!; tumi–You; sarva–everything; maya–consisting of; toma–of You; prati–towards; aparadha–offences; tumi–You; kara–do; ksaya–destroy. 
(5) The world is Yours, O Lord! You are present everywhere, and You destroy all offences committed against You.
tumi ta' skhalita-pada janera asraya
tumi–You; ta'–certainly; skhalita–fallen; pada–feet; janera–of the people; asraya–shelter; tumi–You; vina–without; ara–else; kiba–what; achhe–there is; daya–mercy; maya–full of. 
(6) You alone are the shelter of those who have fallen. What else is there besides You, O merciful Lord?
sei-rupa tava aparadhi jana yata
sei–that; rupa–form; tava–Your; aparadhi–offensive; jana–persons; yata–all (whom); tomara–Your; saranagata–coming to the shelter; ha-ibe–will be; satata–always. 
(7) In this way, everyone who has been offensive towards You will eventually come to Your shelter.
bhakati-vinoda ebe la-iya sarana
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; ebe–now; la-iya–taking; sarana–shelter; tuya–Your; pade–at the feet; kare–does; aja–today; atma–self; samarpana–full offering. 
(8) Now taking shelter, Bhakti Vinod today fully offers himself at Your feet.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|"HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS | HUMILITY, TOLERANCE, GIVING HONOUR TO OTHERS"|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us