SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Goptrtve Varana: Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
ki jani ki bale, tomara dhamete,
ki–what?; jani–I know; ki–what; bale–by force; tomara–Your; dhamete–in the abode; ha-inu–I became; saranagata–surrendered; tumi–You; daya–mercy; maya–full of; patita–fallen; pavana–saviour; patita–fallen; tarane–in delivering; rata–ever engaged. 
(1) I do not know by what force I have taken shelter within Your abode. You are the merciful saviour of the fallen, who is ever engaged in delivering them.
bharasa amara, ei matra natha!
bharasa–hope; amara–my; ei–this; matra–only; natha!–O Lord!; tumi–You; ta'–certainly; karuna–mercy; maya–full of; tava–Your; daya–mercy; patra–recipient; nahi–there is not; mora–my; sama–equal; avasya–certainly; ghuchabe–will dispel; bhaya–fear. 
(2) O Lord! You are merciful. This is my sole hope. There is no candidate for Your mercy like me; certainly You will dispel all my fear.
amare tarite, kaharo sakati,
amare–to me; tarite–to deliver; kaharo–someone; sakati–power; avani–Earth; bhitare–upon; nahi–there is not; dayala–merciful; thakura–Lord; ghosana–declaration; tomara–Your; adhama–low; pamare–to the sinners; trahi (trana kara)–You deliver. 
(3) There is no one on Earth who has the power to deliver me. O merciful Lord! It is Your declaration that You deliver the lowest, most sinful persons.
sakala chhadiya, asiyachhi ami,
sakala–everything; chhadiya–abandoning; asiyachhi–have come; ami–I; tomara–Your; charane–at the feet; natha!–O Lord!; ami–I; nitya–eternal; dasa–servant; tumi–You; palayita–maintainer; tumi–You; gopta (palana-karta)–protector; jagannatha!–O Lord of the universe! 
(4) Abandoning everything, I have come to Your feet, O Lord! I am Your eternal servant, and You are my maintainer and protector, O Lord of the universe!
tomara sakala, ami matra dasa,
tomara–Yours; sakala–everything; ami–I; matra–only; dasa–a servant; amare–to me; taribe–will deliver; tumi–You; tomara–Your; charana–feet; karinu–I did; varana (avalambana-rupe grahana)–embrace (accept as my support); amara–mine; nahi–not; ta'–certainly; ami–I. 
(5) Everything is Yours. I am only a servant. Certainly You will deliver me. I have embraced Your feet and no longer belong to myself.
bhakati-vinoda, kandiya sarana,
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; kandiya–crying; sarana–shelter; la'yechhe–has taken; tomara–Your; paya–feet; ksami'–forgiving; aparadha–offences; name–for Your Name; ruchi (anuraga)–taste (deep loving attachment); diya–giving; palana–protection; karahe–please do; taya–him. 
(6) Crying, Bhakti Vinod has taken shelter at Your feet. Forgiving his offences and granting him taste for Your Name, please maintain him.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2020, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us