SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Goptrtve Varana: Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
dara, putra, nija-deha, kutumba palane
dara–wife; putra–children; nija–own; deha–body; kutumba–relatives; palane–in the maintenance of; sarvada–always; vyakula–anxious; ami–I; chhinu–was; mane–in mind; mane–in mind. 
(1) Deep within, I was always anxious about the maintenance of my wife, children, body, and relatives.
kemane arjiba artha yasa kise paba
kemane–how?; arjibah–I will earn; artha–money; yasa–fame; kise–by what means?; paba–I will attain; kanya–of daughters; putra–of sons; vivaha–marriage; kemane–how?; sampadiba–I will arrange. 
(2) "How shall I earn money? How shall I attain fame? How will I arrange the marriages of my sons and daughters?"
ebe atma-samarpane chinta nahi ara
ebe–now; atma–myself; samarpane–by fully offering; chinta–anxiety; nahi–not; ara–any more; tumi–You; nirvahibe–will maintain; prabho!–O Lord!; samsara–household; tomara–Yours. 
(3) Now that I have fully offered myself, I have no more anxiety. You will maintain Your household, O Lord!
tumi ta' palibe more nija-dasa jani'
tumi–You; ta'–certainly; palibe–will protect; more–me; nija–Your own; dasa–servant; jani'–knowing; tomara–Your; sevaya–in the service; prabhu!–O Lord!; bada–great; sukha–happiness; mani–I find. 
(4) You will certainly maintain me, knowing me to be Your servant. O Lord! In Your service I feel the greatest joy.
tomara ichchhaya prabhu, saba karya haya
tomara–Your; ichchhaya–by the desire; prabhu–O Lord; saba–all; karya–activity; haya–happens; jiva–the conditioned souls; bale–consider; kari–do; ami–I; se–that; ta'–certainly; satya–truth; naya–is not. 
(5) All activity happens according to Your will, O Lord, yet souls think, "I do". This is not at all true.
jiva ki karite pare, tumi na karile
jiva–the soul; ki–what?; karite–to act; pare–can; tumi–You; na–do not; karile–if act; asa–desire; matra–only; jiva–souls; kare–do; tava–Your; ichchha–will; phale–manifests. 
(6) What are the souls able to do if You do not act? The souls can only desire. It is Your will alone that comes to pass.
nischinta ha-iya ami seviba tomaya
nischinta–devoid of anxiety; ha-iya–being; ami–I; seviba–will serve; tomaya–unto You; grhe–in the house; bhala–good; manda–bad; ha'le–when happens; nahi–not be; mora–my; daya–responsibility. 
(7) Free from all anxiety, I will serve You. Whatever happens in Your household, be it good or bad, will not be my responsibility.
bhakati-vinoda nija-svatantrya tyajiya
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; nija–own; svatantrya–independence; tyajiya–abandoning; tomara–Your; charana–feet; seve'–serves; akinchana–detached; ha-iya–being. 
(8) Completely detached, Bhakti Vinod abandons his independence and serves Your feet.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us