Twelve Prayers Glorifying
Sriman Nityananda Dvadasakam
By Srila Bhakti Raksak Sridhar Dev-Goswami Maharaj
yo 'nanto 'nanta-vaktrair niravadhi hari-samkirttanam samvidhatte
(1) O my heart! Please eternally serve the lotus feet of that beautiful Sri Nityanandachandra who gives us Gaura-Krishna. It is He—Nityananda Prabhu—who in the form of Anantadev perpetually performs Harinam-kirttana with infinite mouths; He perpetually holds on His head the Earth planet like an insignificant speck of dust; and He performs the divine service of His all-in-all, Krishna, as Sesadev Ananta, taking the forms of the Lord's paraphernalia such as umbrella, bed, seat and clothing.
amsair yah ksirasayi sakala bhuvanapah sarvva jivantarastho
(2) O my heart! You please eternally serve Sri Nityanandachandra, who gives us Gaura-Krishna. He maintains the entire universe in His expansion of Ksirodakasayi Visnu, residing in the hearts of all living beings; His glories are sung by the Vedic hymns as the Garbhodakasayi Visnu of thousands and thousands of heads—sahasra-sirsa purusah; within His womb (garbha) unlimited universes are situated; He is the Master of the Lord of material nature—Karanodakasayi Visnu—in whose womb unlimited universes are situated and by whom the entire multitude of jiva souls are sheltered.
yasyamso vyuha-madhye vilasati paramavyomni samkarsanakhya
(3) O my heart, please eternally render divine service to that gracious giver of Gaura-Krishna—Sri Nityanandachandra. In the great transcendental kingdom Paravyoma Vaikuntha He expands into the form of Sankarsana of the first quadruple expansion, in which form He ever expands the ecstasy of the divine Pastimes of Sri Hari in the conscious plane of pure existence (Suddha-sattva); within the jivas He presides as the ego, and sometimes He shows His divine Pastimes just like an ordinary jiva.
yaschadi vyuha-madhye prabhavati sagano mula-sankarsanakhyo
(4) O heart, please constantly serve the dust of the lotus feet of the gracious bestower of Gaura-Krishna— Sri Nityanandachandra. It is He who presides in all His glory in Dwaraka with His transcendental associates, as the original all-attractive Personality, Mula-Sankarsana: above that plane, in Mathura He enjoys His Pastimes in the form known as Prabhava-vilasa; and in Vrajapuri, He is known as Balarama, the ultimate source of all Incarnations, and He sportively plays with His younger brother, His all-in-all—Sri Krishna.
sri-krsna-premanama parama-sukhamayah ko 'pyachintyah padartho
(5) My dear heart, please eternally worship that gracious giver of Gaura-Krishna—Sri Nityanandachandra. It is He who bestows upon us pure unalloyed divine love for the Supreme Lord Sri Krishna (Sri-Krishna-prema) composed of the most supreme and intense ecstasy. The love that He distributes carries an inconceivable import—it is of such ecstasy that the sadhus who may experience only a hint of its fragrance, hatefully cast away all thought of liberation in the 'One' as propounded in the Vedas. Furthermore, His Avataras, who bestow the divine love of service in the transcendental majesty of Vaikuntha, are but expansions of His expansion.
yo balye lilayaikah parama-madhuraya chaikachakranagaryyam
(6) O my dear heart! Please serve forever the lotus feet of that glorious giver of Gaura-Krishna, who is known as Sri Nityanandachandra. When Lord Nityananda Prabhu was a small boy, He performed supremely sweet and charming Pastimes in the village of Ekachakra invoking the deepest heartfelt happiness in His mother, father, relatives, and close friends; and later after a sannyasi arrived at the house of young Nityananda and prayed to Hadai Pandit for his son, Lord Nityananda was placed in the hands of the travelling sadhu and wandered throughout the length and breadth of India visiting sacred places of pilgrimage.
bhramam bhraman cha tirthan yati-mukuta-mani madhavendra prasangat
(7) Dear heart, please eternally serve the lotus feet of that wonderful Sri Nityanandachandra who is the giver of Gaura-Krishna! While wandering throughout the holy places His heart was taken over with ecstasy by the association of the crown jewel of sannyasins Srila Madhavendra Puri, and He came to Gaura Dham, the holy abode of Sri Gauranga. There He waited at the house of Nandanacharyya for the self-revelation of the golden Lord Gaurasundara's divine Pastimes with His associates headed by Srivas Thakur.
praptajno gaura-chandradakhilajana ganoddhara-nama-pradane
(8) My heart, please constantly give thyself to the divine service of that gracious bestower of Gaura-Krishna, Sri Nityanandachandra! It was He who received the divine instruction from Gaurachandra to deliver all souls by bestowing divine love through the Holy Name. Showing the extremity of His divine love, He delivered those two fallen wine-drinking brahmanas (Jagai and Madhai) ruined by the degraded inauspicious nature of kali-yuga even after they had attacked Him and blood was oozing from His body.
saksad-gauro gananam sirasi yad avadhutasya kaupina-khandam
(9) Please worship eternally, dear heart, that gracious bestower of Gaura-Krishna, Sri Nityanandachandra. Sri Gauranga Mahaprabhu ordered all His beloved followers to accept with worshipful reverence any small piece of the kaupin (loincloth) of Nityananda Prabhu, the topmost of personalities above all social norms and strictures (avadhut). Even if He is seen to touch an immoral drunken woman or yavani He is nonetheless worshipable by all the gods headed by Brahma. And He is the beloved leader among those exalted devotees who lovingly captivate the heart of Sri Chaitanyadev.
uddharttum jnana-karmmady-apahata-charitan gaura-chandro yad asau
(10) O my heart, please eternally render divine service unto that bestower of Gaura-Krishna, Sri Nityanandachandra. Sri Gaurachandra manifested His sannyasa-lila for the purpose of delivering the persons of warped logic deviated by exploitation and renunciation (karmma and jnana). He delivered them by making them all chant the Holy Name of Krishna. After Mahaprabhu's acceptance of sannyasa, Nityananda Prabhu followed Him faithfully like a shadow wherever He went—over land, jungle and swamp. Nityananda Prabhu is the fulfiller of the heart's wishes of Sri Gaurachandra.
sri-radha-prema-lubdho divasa-nisi-tada svada-mattaika lilo
(11) Day and night Sri Chaitanya Mahaprabhu was intoxicated, tasting the sweetest love divine in the deep heart of Srimati Radharani. In that condition, He instructed Nityananda Prabhu and His associates to distribute the Holy Name of Krishna, Sri Krishna-nama. But Sri Nityananda Prabhu then went to Gauda-desa and profusely distributed the priceless treasure of the true devotees: the Holy Name of Sri Gaura, Sri Gaura-nama. O my dear heart, please give yourself in service forever unto that gracious benefactor of Gaura-Krishna— Sri Nityanandachandra.
(12) Dear Lord, O Nityananda Prabhu, emperor of the associates of Sriman Mahaprabhu! Graciously grant this fallen soul firm and faithful devotion for Sri Gauranga, the supreme embodiment of the taste of the sweet nectar of the ecstasy of Sri Sri Radha-Krishna's Pastimes. By neglecting the lotus feet of Nityananda Prabhu all sadhana or bhajan—spiritual practices, services or worship—become an illusion, just like a dream. I worship and adore with all my heart that gracious giver of Sri Gaura, the benevolent bestower of His shelter to the fallen souls—Sri Nityanandachandra.
• Sriman Nityananda Dvadasakam
• The Divine Pastimes of Sri Nityananda Prabhu
• The Glories of Sri Nityananda Prabhu in the Scriptures
• Kirtans Glorifying Sri Nityananda Prabhu:
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2023, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us