SARANAGATI (SURRENDER) | Sri Laghu-chandrika-bhasya
Visrambhatmika: Confidence in the Lord's Protection
chhodata–abandoning; purusa–male; abhimana (purusavat bhoktrtvabhiman)–ego (the ego of being a male enjoyer); kinkari–a maidservant; ha-ilun–I will be; aji–today; kana!–O Krishna! 
(1) Abandoning the false ego of a male enjoyer, today I have become a maidservant, O Kan!
varaja (vraja)–of Vraja; vipine (kanane)–in the forest; sakhi–of girlfriends; satha–in the company; sevana–service; karabun–I will do; radha-natha!–O Lord of Radha! 
(2) In the groves of Vraja, under the guidance of Radha's girlfriends, I will engage in service, O Lord of Radha!
kusume ganthabun hara
kusume–with flowers; ganthabun (ganthiba)–I will string; hara–garland; tulasi–tulasi; mani–jewels; manjari (ukta kusuma harera madhye madhye samyukta)–flower spikes (with tulasi flower spikes set between the flowers of the garland); tara–along the garland. 
(3) I will make flower garlands with tulasi-manjaris arranged like jewels in between the flowers.
yatane deobun sakhi-kare
yatane–with care; deobun (diba)–I will give; sakhi–of a girlfriend; kare–in the hands; hate–in the hands; laoba (la-ibe)–will take; sakhi–the girlfriend; adare–with love. 
(4) I will carefully place those garlands in the hands of one of Radha's girlfriends, and she will lovingly accept them in her hands.
sakhi diba tuya duhunka gale
sakhi–girlfriend; diba (dibe)–will give; tuya–Your; duhunka (du-janera)–both (Radha and Krishna); gale–on the necks; durata (dura ha-ite)–from afar; herabun–I will behold; kutuhale–in wonder. 
(5) Radha's girlfriend will place those garlands around the necks of You both. From afar, I will behold this in wonder.
sakhi kahaba, suna sundari
sakhi–girlfriend; kahaba–will say; suna–please listen; sundari–O beautiful girl; rahabi (rahibe)–you will stay; kunje–in this forest grove; mama–my; kinkari–maidservant. 
(6) Radha's girlfriend will then say to me, "O beautiful girl, please stay in this forest grove as my maidservant.
ganthabi mala manoharini
ganthobi–you will string; mala–garlands; mano–heart; harini–stealer; niti (nitya)–daily; radha-krsna–the Divine Couple; vimohini–completely enchant. 
(7) "String beautiful garlands every day that will completely enchant Radha and Krishna.
tuya raksana-bhara hamara
tuya–Your; raksana–protection; bhara–responsibility; hamara–of me; mama–my; kunja–forest; kutira–cottage; tohara–yours. 
(8) "I will take full responsibility for your maintenance. My forest cottage is yours.
radha-madhava–of the Divine Couple; sevana–of service; kale–at the time; rahabi–you will stay; hamara–my; antarale (parsve)–behind (near). 
(9) "When I serve Radha and Madhav, you will stay right behind me.
tambula saji' karpura ani'
tambula–betel leaves, pan; saji' (sajjita kariya)–preparing (with supari (areca nut), lime, khayer (catechu, an extract from Indian acacia trees), cinnamon, clove, and various other ingredients); karpura–camphor; ani'–bringing; deobi–you will give; moye–to me; apana–your own; jani'–knowing. 
(10) "You will prepare betel leaves, fetch camphor, and hand them to me, knowing me to be your intimate friend."
bhakati-vinoda suni' bata
bhakati-vinoda–Bhakti Vinod; suni'–hearing; bata (vakya)–expression, order; sakhi–of the girlfriend; pade–at the feet; kare–does; pranipata–obeisance. 
(11) Hearing her expression, Bhakti Vinod offers obeisance to the feet of Radha's girlfriend.
Goptrtve Varan, Embracing the Lord's Guardianship
Visrambhatmika, Confidence in the Lord's Protection
Varjanatmika, Rejecting the Unfavourable
Anukulyatmika, Accepting the Favourable
Bhajana-Lalasa (Hankering for Service):
Siddha-Lalasa (Hankering for Fulfilment):
Vijnapti (Prayer of Heartfelt Hankering):
Sri Nama-Mahatmya (The Glories of the Name):
|HARE KRISHNA HARE KRISHNA KRISHNA KRISHNA HARE HARE | HARE RAMA HARE RAMA RAMA RAMA HARE HARE|
© 2014-2019, Sri Chaitanya Saraswat Math, Nabadwip, India.
Sitemap | Contact us | About us